The role of National Enterprise Network is to:
• Represent the interests of enterprise support organisations and individuals with central government, official agencies, the private sector and other non-governmental organisations operating in the enterprise field
• Provide unique products and services to members
• Act as lead contractor on national contracts delivered by our members.
Our aims are to:
• Position our members as the natural source of reference for all in their area who need to develop their enterprise skills and position the network as the preferred route to market for those in the public and private sectors wishing to engage with our market
• Add value by supporting, setting standards and building the capability of the overall network.
We also manage the BIS Approved Enterprise Agency process on behalf of the Secretary of State (Department of Business, Innovation & Skills). As a BIS Approved Enterprise Agency, tax relief can be claimed on contributions (whether cash or in-kind) to an approved local enterprise agency by a sponsor carrying on a trade, profession or vocation.
National Enterprise Network also owns Customer First UK in a partnership with QED Professional Development Limited. As the awarding body for Putting the Customer First ©, the national standard for customer service, Customer First UK has supported hundreds of businesses across the UK in achieving the quality standard – including many NFEA membership organisations in the business support sector.
Details as to some of our current activities and initiatives can be accessed from the left hand menu.
National Enterprise Network announces Sunderland based Paul McEldon as new Chairman, find out more by checking out our Press Release Paul McEldon NEN Press Release