Representing our members with influencers and policy makers is a fundamental part of our activity:
- to position our members as the place to go for anyone in their local area who needs to develop their enterprise skills
- to position the Network as the preferred route to market for the public and private sectors wishing to engage with those looking to start or already running a business
We are the ‘voice’ for our members and champion their work in the following areas:
- Face-to face business advice has a place and it works!
- Our members are not all the same but each commit to helping people start successful businesses
- Coverage across the length and breadth of England, with 100% of the working age population having access to support
- Over 50% of New Enterprise Allowance delivery is being undertaken by our members, either as lead accountable bodies or through sub-contract arrangements
- Over 33% of Start Up Loan activity in the 18-30 year old age category is being facilitated by our members
- Over 360 private sector professionals are acting as volunteers or non executive Board directors at our members organisations.
We regularly attend sector events and contribute to various panels in order to represent the enterprise support view. We feed back on our representational activity to the membership each month with a dedicated blog post – you can access the latest updates here.