Designed to assist owners of small and medium-sized organisations and family businesses to plan for ownership and management succession, an exit strategy, retirement or possibly MBO
Our Business Succession Planning Workshop is designed to assist owners of small and medium-sized organisations and family businesses to plan for ownership and management succession, an exit strategy, retirement or possibly MBO. Highly participative, the day assists you to examine your business in relation to its perceived future financial and economic worth, how to deal with the competing interests of family members and how to develop the right kind of talent to sustain and grow the business. We will uncover vital thorny issues to help you create a “best option” financial and personal succession plan.
IS IT FOR YOU?
The Workshop is aimed at owners of small to medium sized companies and the heads of family businesses, who recognise in their hectic competing day to day problems and issues, the vital need to identify successors, forward plan and organise their exit goals to safeguard their financial security.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What will you learn?
The workshop aims to provide you with:
- highly relevant and useful financial information related to selling a business, planning for retirement or MBO activities
- perceived criteria for purchase
- taxation and capital gains regulations regarding the sale of a business
- obstacles and benefits of business succession planning
- stages of successful business planning for exit
- identifying and developing existing key employees
- methodology of sourcing and recruiting for succession
After the session you will be able to:
- Use the Succession Planning Work Sheets provided to create a “best option” succession plan for your business
- Understand the financial advantages, constraints and rules that govern selling a going concern
- Evaluate the capabilities of current employees/family members regarding their future potential to manage/run the business
Additional information – FSB members receive 10% discount off all of our courses, please call us on 01535 607775 for more details.Book your place