The Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE) and the Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative (SFEDI) will host the Celebrating Enterprise Awards 2016 on Thursday 10 November at the House of Lords. Celebrating Enterprise is a high-profile, annual event recognising outstanding endeavour in enterprise learning and skills; finalists shortlisted across each of five prestigious categories have now […]
The Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE) and the Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative (SFEDI) will host the Celebrating Enterprise Awards 2016 on Thursday 10 November at the House of Lords.
Celebrating Enterprise is a high-profile, annual event recognising outstanding endeavour in enterprise learning and skills; finalists shortlisted across each of five prestigious categories have now been announced. Leading figures from the worlds of enterprise learning and skills will gather for the awards with Lloyds Banking Group as the headline sponsor.
The Celebrating Enterprise Awards recognise the endeavours of learners, educators, entrepreneurs, mentors, policy-shapers and others making an outstanding contribution to the UK’s enterprise and skills landscape.
The awards categories and finalists are as follows:
- Enterprise Educator of the Year; Anna Howard, Christine Atkinson and David Gibson
- Enterprise Support Champion; Elaine Owen, Liz Cameron and Samuel Kasumu
- Enterprising Learner of the Year; Martina Eco, Robert Jones and Roxanne Kelly
- Enterprise Learning Provider of the Year; Ignition Autos Training, London South Bank University and University of Worcester Business School
- Small Business Apprenticemaker of the Year; Anthony Impey, Debbie Bryan and Scott Bailey
Full information on each of the awards categories is available at awards.ioee.uk.
Ruth Lowbridge MBE, Executive Chair of the SFEDI Group, said: “All of those shortlisted have proven themselves to be exemplary in their field and have been handpicked from a selection of very high calibre nominees across all categories. Whoever goes on to receive the ultimate accolade of winning each award, every one of the finalists should be very proud indeed. The Celebrating Enterprise Awards is our most significant event of the year, celebrating the achievements of the most enterprising individuals and organisations across both across the UK and Internationally.”
Lloyds Banking Group is Headline Sponsor of the Celebrating Enterprise Awards 2016. This sponsorship builds on a long-established relationship that has seen SFEDI and the IOEE working together closely to promote mentoring as an invaluable support tool for small businesses. Lloyds Banking Group is dedicated to helping British businesses prosper and recognises SMEs as the cornerstone of the UK’s economy.
As the Headline Sponsor of the awards event Lloyds Banking Group have sponsor recognition of the highly respected Lifetime Achievement Award. Previous winners of this award have included John Timpson from The Timpson Group and Toni Mascolo OBE from TONI&GUY for their contribution to developing enterprising skills within their industry.
The International Association of Book-Keepers (IAB) is the Enterprise Support Champion Award Sponsor. Malcolm Trotter, IAB’s Chief Executive, will present this award.
Further sponsorship opportunities are available for organisations that would like to lend their support and their name to the UK’s enterprise learning and skills community.
This year, the high profile Celebrating Enterprise event is set to be exceptionally special as SFEDI celebrates 20 successful years. To mark this monumental occasion SFEDI will be inviting partners to let down their hair at a sparkling Aftershow Party being held straight after the Awards event at the PRIMO Bar, Westminster.
- Photographs of the nominees, winners and of sponsor representatives at the House of Lords event will be available from Friday 11 November
- The full list of Celebrating Enterprise 2016 Awards is as follows: International Lifetime Achievement Award; National Lifetime Achievement Award; Enterprising Learning Provider of the Year; Enterprise Educator of the Year; Small Business Apprenticemaker of the Year; Enterprising Learner of the Year and Enterprise Support Champion.
- The SFEDI Group is the Government recognised Sector Skills Organisation for enterprise and business support. Established in 1996, it has earned recognition as the source of expertise on skills and knowhow for the development of small, medium and micro businesses. The group includes SFEDI, SFEDI Awards, SFEDI Solutions and the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE).
- The IOEE (ioee.uk) is the first learning institute dedicated to developing and recognising the skills of enterprising people. It supports enterprise professionals in developing their skills and knowledge to a high standard to provide outstanding enterprise support.
- SFEDI and the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE) will host the Celebrating Enterprise event at the House of Lords on Thursday 10 November from 3.30 until 5.00pm. The event will bring together small businesses and representatives from business organisations from across the UK to celebrate everything that’s great about Enterprise and Enterprising skills.
- SFEDI and the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE) will host the Celebrating 20 Years at the Heart of Enterprise aftershow party at the PRIMO Bar, Westminster on Thursday 10 November from 5.30 until 10.00pm.
For more information please call 0845 467 4928 or email email@example.com